[Mesa-dev] i965: Yet another revision of tex surface setup refactoring

Topi Pohjolainen topi.pohjolainen at intel.com
Wed Jul 1 04:46:30 PDT 2015

Here is a rebase of refactoring originally sent in early May. This
is now based on Curro's work and applies on top of the current
master. I chose to re-order my patches in order to keep them as
tiny as possible. Especially the dispatch for the texture buffer
surfaces is split in two parts - one patch introducing it in the
common dispatcher and second dropping the redundant calls left in
gen7 and gen8 specific logic while moving to use Curro's
emit_texture_surface_state() instead of update_texture_surface().

End result is a common dispatcher making the decisions for
values in common code while leaving the hardware specific parts to
deal with batch formatting only. The series also moves gen < 7
logic to use the same hooks as the newer allowing us to drop the
other hook (update_texture_surface()) alltogether.

This is mostly motivated by my work on using blorp-style
lightweight launch mechanism for meta blits and clears.

CC: Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com>
CC: Kenneth Graunke <kenneth at whitecape.org>
CC: Francisco Jerez <currojerez at riseup.net>

Topi Pohjolainen (10):
  i965: Use constant miptree pointer in tex surface setup
  i965: Reduce the scope of input in buffer tex setup
  i965: Move tex buffer dispatch into hw independent setup
  i965/gen4: Use tex object format instead of the miptree format
  i965: Move tex miptree and format resolving into dispatcher
  i965/gen7: Move tex gather format override into common dispatcher
  i965: Move texture swizzle resolving into dispatcher
  i965: Refactor effective depth calculation
  i965: Use emit_texture_surface_state() directly
  i965: Remove update_texture_surface()

 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/brw_context.h           |  10 +-
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/brw_wm_surface_state.c  | 107 +++++++++++++++-------
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/gen7_wm_surface_state.c |  51 +----------
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/gen8_surface_state.c    |  52 +----------

1.9.3