[Mesa-dev] OpenGL ES 3.1

Roland Scheidegger sroland at vmware.com
Wed Jun 3 13:55:02 PDT 2015

Am 03.06.2015 um 22:16 schrieb Shervin Sharifi:
> Thank you Thomas.
> When the next release is going to happen?
> By the way, do you know the status of ES 3.1 support on llvmpipe driver
> (that's the driver I'm mainly interested in)?
There's definitely some features in ES 3.1 that noone is working on (as
far as I'm aware) for llvmpipe. compute shaders, atomic counters, shader
bitfield operations (the latter should be quite easy to implement if
you're interested to help), shader image load/store at a first glance,
possibly more. So, it's probably not going to happen...

Roland