[Mesa-dev] Request for Mentorship

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:56:06 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 June 2015 at 22:08, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>> so, maybe a bit off topic (and maybe doesn't really help with the
>> whole finding a mentor thing).. but a sort of wish-list thing for
>> piglit that I've had in the back of my head is something like "tig"
>> for piglit.  I suppose it doesn't have to necessarily be a curses
>> based UI, it could be gui..  but a lot of times while I find myself
>> searching through results.json to find cmdline to re-run failed tests,
>> which is kind of time consuming.  Some sort of front-end to piglit
>> which would let me do things like filter on test status, then see
>> output/results and if I want re-run the selected test(s) would be kind
>> of nice.
>>
> Sounds like exactly what the html test summary provides. Although I'm
> not sure how many people actually use it - json seems to be more
> popular nowadays :-) I even recall naggin' on Dylan when things broke
> on an occasion or two.

except html is neither interactive nor fast/convenient ;-)

The use case I'm thinking of is mostly driver devel/debug where I want
to check if some updated version of a change I am working on fixed the
regressions, and that sort of thing.  (Or re-run the failed tests with
some FD_MESA_DEBUG env var debug flag.)  So ability to re-run
individual tests (or group of tests based on filtered result status,
etc) is what I'm looking for.  Versus digging through .json or html to
find individual cmdlines for some 100's of tests ;-)