[Mesa-dev] What branch to get patch 47790

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Tue Jun 16 15:46:26 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:08:38 PM Meng, David wrote:
> Hi:
> I am new to this email list.  I would like to get a help from you.
>
> I found a patch with number of 47790 which supports Intel Broadwell(BDW) system gen8 GPU.  The author is Topi Pohjolainen.  The description is in below.
> I need this patch to launch a virtual machine on BDW system in which we are using Mesa library in user space.  But I could not find this patch in mesa master or any branches.  Would you please pint me where I can find a branch including this patch?
>
> I highly appreciate any help.
>
> Regards,
>
> David
> --------------------------------patch title and description-------------------------------------
> [Mesa-dev] i965: Don't use gl-context for fbo-blits
> This series introduces new blorp parameter type for blit programs
> compiled from glsl-sources. For most parts the launch logic just
> calls core i965 batch emission logic.
> Vertex batches are handcrafted containing full vertex header
> information. This is needed because the pipeline is programmed to
> skip vertex shader, clip and viewport transformation in strips&fans
> (SF) but to provide the vertices directly from vertex fetcher (VF)
> to the windower (WM).
>
> Topi Pohjolainen (14):
>   i965/blorp/gen7: Support for loading glsl-based fragment shaders
>   i965/blorp/gen6: Support for loading glsl-based fragment shaders
>   meta: Provide read access to blit shaders
>   i965/meta: Add helper for looking up blit programs
>   i965/blorp: Add plumbing for glsl-based color blits
>   i965/blorp: Add support for loading vertices for glsl-based blits
>   i965/blorp: Add support for setting up surfaces for glsl-based blits
>   i965/blorp: Add support for setting samplers for glsl-based blits
>   i965/gen6: Add support for setting minimum layer for tex surfaces
>   i965/blorp: Enable glsl-based fbo blits
>   i965/blorp/gen7: Prepare re-using for gen8
>   i965/blorp/gen7: Expose state setup applicable to gen8
>   i965/blorp/gen6: Prepare vertex buffer setup logic for gen8
>   i965/blorp/gen8: Execution support

Hi David,

I'm not sure what you mean by "patch with a number of 47790".  We don't
number patches in the Mesa community.  That must be some Intel internal
number.

Those patches optimize our implementation of glBlitFramebuffer() on
Broadwell, which should provide better performance in some cases.  We
haven't landed them yet because Topi is rewriting them.

Those patches are not required for Broadwell support, however.
Broadwell has been supported since Mesa 10.1 (but you should use a more
recent version, such as 10.6).

I don't know what's required for virtual machines, as I've never tried
that.  But these patches definitely aren't relevant.

--Ken