[Mesa-dev] ARB_arrays_of_arrays GLSL ES

Timothy Arceri t_arceri at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 20 05:32:57 PDT 2015

Hi all,

The restrictions in ES make the extension easier to implement so
I thought I'd try get this stuff reviewed an committed before finishing
up the full extension.
The bits that I'm still working on for the desktop version are AoA inputs
outputs, and interface blocks.

The only thing I know is definatly missing in this series for ES is
support for indirect indexing of samplers, but that didn't seem like
something that should hold up the series.

Once the SSBO series lands (with a patch that restricts unsized arrays)
then all the AoA ES conformance tests will pass.

There are already a bunch of piglit tests in git but I've just sent a
series with all the patches still waiting review here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/piglit/2015-June/016312.html

I haven't made a patch marking this as done yet because currently
the i965 backend takes a very long time trying to optimise some of the
conformance tests. They still pass but they are taking 15-minutes+ just
to compile so this really needs to be sorted out first. If someone with
more knowledge in this area than me wants to take a look at this I would
be greatful for being pointed in the right direction.

If useful the series is in the 'gles4' branch of the repo here:
https://github.com/tarceri/Mesa_arrays_of_arrays.git

Thanks,
Tim