[Mesa-dev] ARB_arrays_of_arrays GLSL ES

Eero Tamminen eero.t.tamminen at intel.com
Mon Jun 22 09:04:57 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 06/20/2015 03:32 PM, Timothy Arceri wrote:
> The restrictions in ES make the extension easier to implement so
> I thought I'd try get this stuff reviewed an committed before finishing
> up the full extension.
> The bits that I'm still working on for the desktop version are AoA inputs
> outputs, and interface blocks.
>
> The only thing I know is definatly missing in this series for ES is
> support for indirect indexing of samplers, but that didn't seem like
> something that should hold up the series.
>
> Once the SSBO series lands (with a patch that restricts unsized arrays)
> then all the AoA ES conformance tests will pass.
>
> There are already a bunch of piglit tests in git but I've just sent a
> series with all the patches still waiting review here:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/piglit/2015-June/016312.html
>
> I haven't made a patch marking this as done yet because currently
> the i965 backend takes a very long time trying to optimise some of the
> conformance tests. They still pass but they are taking 15-minutes+ just
> to compile so this really needs to be sorted out first. If someone with
> more knowledge in this area than me wants to take a look at this I would
> be greatful for being pointed in the right direction.

Are there individual shaders which compilation take several minutes?

Do you have any perf [1] or valgrind [2] tool output for compiling the
slowest one?

	- Eero

[1] # perf record -a
      ^C
     # perf report -n
     -> text output
[2] $ valgrind --tool=callgrind <tester>
     $ kcachegrind <callgrind output file>
     -> callgraphs, callee maps etc