[Mesa-dev] git fsck errors on mesa repo

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 07:04:07 PDT 2015

Hi Liam,

On 29/06/15 18:23, Liam R. Howlett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since git 2.3, there have been a number of new fsck options added which
> produce issues when I clone the repository
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa

Can you be more specific about the fsck options and the messages that
you're seeing ?

> These new tests are enabled by default when using git fsck.  I have been
> testing with git version 2.4.4.409.g5b1d901 and thought you might want
> to know so the error/warning messages can be avoided.
>
>From a quick look (running git 2.4.4) there are 68 "error in tag $sha:
unterminated header" messages.

By the looks of it most/all of those are old tags (which we don't care
too much nowdays) and they are lacking the trailing \n. Afaict other
projects have the same "problem", and the git devs are working on a fix [1].

Cheers,
Emil

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/git/msg254657.html