[Mesa-dev] GL/GLSL tests for GL 4.0 and newer

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:52:41 PDT 2015

Hi Ishara,

On 9 March 2015 at 07:18, Ishara Abeysekera <ishara9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested on write tests for OpenGL 4.0 /GLSL 4.00 .
>
> But can you be more specify what areas you are expecting to be tested,

Thanks for the interest. Are you planning to do this as a side
project, or as a GSoC or EVoC ?

While I'm not the person who wrote the task, I would assume that the
intent is to write piglit tests [1], so that one can test Mesa (and
other) GL implementations against it.

Namely grab a GL extension, go through the spec and write tests which
flex both the functionality and API compliance. For an example of what
tests look like skim though the git repo (commit log) [2] [3].

Obviously you'll would target GL extensions which your hardware/driver supports.

Cheers,
Emil

[1] http://piglit.freedesktop.org/
[2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/piglit/