[Mesa-dev] GL/GLSL tests for GL 4.0 and newer

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Wed Mar 11 15:07:51 PDT 2015

On 03/09/2015 12:18 AM, Ishara Abeysekera wrote:
> /I am interested on write tests for OpenGL 4.0 /GLSL 4.00 .
> /
> /But can you be more specify what areas you are expecting to be tested,

I haven't examined the API side very closely, but I know of a few things
in the shading language that need tests.  For most of the things, there
is absolutely no support in Mesa yet.

We have no tests for GL_ARB_shader_subroutine.

It would also be good to have tests to verify that features from other
extensions (e.g., GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 and GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64) are
enabled in #version 400 shaders.  The should be simple "touch" tests
since we already have good tests for the extensions.  For example, you
might add a glslparsertest test that tries every possible overload of
uaddCarry.

I don't think we have any tests for GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit.  It's a
GL 4.1 feature, but it will probably get done before the other missing
4.0 features.