[Mesa-dev] i965: Revision of texture surface setup refactoring

Topi Pohjolainen topi.pohjolainen at intel.com
Wed May 6 04:25:06 PDT 2015

This series moves all the decision making of values into common
hardware independent dispatcher while leaving the hardware specific
logic to deal with formatting only.

Curro needed a similar refactor for gen7 and gen8. However, that
makes it a harder to apply the changes I needed that expand all the
way to gen4. Ken helped me to notice that my refactoring can in
fact address both relatively easily.

For context, I added the patch from Curro that makes use of the
texture surface setup logic along with a small patch making it
compatible with the surface state refactoring found here.

Curro, what do you think? I'm not too happy with reverting your
work but overall this way it becomes cleaner, I think.

CC: Francisco Jerez <currojerez at riseup.net>

Francisco Jerez (1):
  i965: Implement surface state set-up for shader images.

Topi Pohjolainen (11):
  Revert "i965/gen8: Factor out texture surface state set-up from
    gen8_update_texture_surface()."
  Revert "i965/gen7: Factor out texture surface state set-up from
    gen7_update_texture_surface()."
  i965/gen7: Check mip-tree for integer formats in surface setup
  i965: Move texture buffer dispatch into single location
  i965/gen8: Use miptree format in the surface setup
  i965: Move tex miptree and format resolving into dispatcher
  i965: Move texture swizzle resolving into dispatcher
  i965: Refactor effective depth calculation
  i965: Pass texture target as parameter for surface setup
  i965: Pass slice details as parameters for surface setup
  i965/SQUASH: Implement surface state set-up for shader images.

 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/brw_context.h           |  24 +--
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/brw_surface_formats.c   | 112 +++++++++++++
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/brw_wm_surface_state.c  | 196 ++++++++++++++++++----
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/gen7_wm_surface_state.c |  92 +++-------
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/gen8_surface_state.c    |  96 +++--------

1.9.3