[Mesa-dev] Mesa 10.6 release plan

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:26:51 PDT 2015

Hello all,

On 21 April 2015 at 13:40, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is the preliminary release schedule for Mesa 10.6. Personally I
> would love if we can go up to Mesa 11.0 (Spinal Tap anyone ?) although
> it might happen with the September release.
>
> May 15th 2015 - Feature freeze/Release candidate 1
> May 22st 2015 - Release candidate 2
> May 29th 2015 - Release candidate 3
> June 5th 2015 - Release candidate 4/Mesa 10.6.0
>
> This means that we have roughly four weeks to get new features in, and
> another four weeks to get all the serious bugs sorted out.
>
> Does this sound reasonable with the different teams ? If anyone has
> something special in mind please speak up.

This is a gentle reminder that we have one week until the 10.6 branch
point. As far as I can see we have a few extensions which may or may
not make it in time. I would be fine if we need an extra week to
finish up any of the following extensions considering their importance
and/or how long people have been working on them. If you feel the same
way please speak up, otherwise the schedule will stay as outlined
previously.

GL_ARB_shader_subroutine
GL_ARB_tessellation_shader
GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store