[Mesa-dev] MSVC (2015) builds

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Tue Nov 3 10:50:09 PST 2015

On 03/11/15 15:48, Brian Paul wrote:
> On 11/02/2015 08:42 PM, Janusz Ganczarski wrote:
>> Hello,
>> In attachment fixed Visual C++ 2015 (VC 14) builds for Mesa.
>> Currently only gallium softpipe driver support. Gallium llvmpipe
>> driver support work in progress.
>
> I'm not sure we're interested in MSVC project files (I'm certainly not).
>   Unless we had several people who wanted to actively develop Mesa with
> MSVC and promise to maintain MSVC support, I don't think this would be
> used much and would eventually be dropped.  We've gone through this
> several times in the past.
>
> -Brian

I agree with Brian.  Maitaining MSVC projects would be a waste of time
for us.  Even when we use MSVC we just use scons and MSVC command line
compilers.  I never use MSVC IDE to develop or debug Mesa -- I do most
of development in Linux, mostly with MinGW, and just build Mesa w/ MSVC
when necessary.

Jose