[Mesa-dev] MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE problem

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Thu Nov 19 12:13:09 PST 2015

Hi Nanley,

Maybe you can fix an issue I have with the new extension code.

Previously, I could do something like export
MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE="-ARB_clear_buffer_object" and I would no longer
see it in the GL_EXTENSIONS string, even if it was an "always on" extension.

Now when I try that I get:

Mesa 11.1.0-devel implementation error: Trying to disable permanently
enabled extensions: GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image
Please report at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa

The whole point of the "-GL_EXT_foobar" syntax was to hide an extension
from the application when it queries the driver's extensions.

Can you please fix this so it works as before?

Thanks.

-Brian