[Mesa-dev] MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE problem

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 19 12:19:11 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> wrote:
> Hi Nanley,
>
> Maybe you can fix an issue I have with the new extension code.
>
> Previously, I could do something like export
> MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE="-ARB_clear_buffer_object" and I would no longer see
> it in the GL_EXTENSIONS string, even if it was an "always on" extension.

How sure are you that this worked? AFAIK there was no way to
enable/disable an always-on ext. That env var never affected the
extension strings, but only the actual ctx->Extensions struct, which
would indirectly modify the ext string. If the entry in that ext table
was a dummy one, it had logic to not futz with it. (But it did so
silently.)

  -ilia