[Mesa-dev] make distclean failing

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 08:56:12 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 October 2015 at 16:12, Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think the problem is that shader_enums gets cleaned twice, since it
>>> is built both into libglsl_util.la (for non-mesa state trackers, from
>>> src/Makefile.am), and into libmesa.la/libmesagallium.la (for mesa and
>>> mesa state tracker, from src/mesa/Makefile.am)..  the arrangement with
>>> nir depending on some parts from glsl is a bit unfortunate.
>>
>> Ugh, yeah, that seems very plausible. The intention of adding that
>> convenience library was to avoid this very problem. :(
> Fwiw I'm inclined to move the functions as static inline, considering
> they are pretty trivial.
> It should resolve the issue, plus we'll remove ../ from the sources list.
>
> I'll send a patch in a minute

functions are trivial but bunch of const string data that I was hoping
to avoid duplicating in many object files..  I guess it would be an ok
temporary solution.  Although maybe we should just move everything
that nir depends on into nir and have glsl depend on nir rather than
other way around..

BR,
-R