[Mesa-dev] MSVC, MinGW build break

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Mon Oct 19 07:02:10 PDT 2015

On 17/10/15 17:44, Rob Clark wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> wrote:

[...]
>>> Yeah, that's what I did.
>>

>> Actually, I'm kind of hoping we can find a cleaner fix for scons.  Maybe
>> Jose can take a look when he has time.
>>

> yeah, current solution is not pretty..  Emil had suggested introducing
> a libnir for scons build, but that was well beyond my understanding of
> scons and the scons build setup.
>
> That would be nice if someone who knew what they were doing could have a look.

The problem was actually quite simple.

I'll post a review request now.

 > v3: I f***ing hate scons.. but at least it builds

Please CC'me when there are difficulties related to the scons build
before or during code review.

There's no need for people to be struggling with SCons specific issues
all alone.  But there's too much traffic in Mesa for me to keep up with
all of it (specially because lately my focus has been elsewhere), so
unless I'm explicitly CC'ed the odds are that it will go past me as
happened here.  (e-mail that CC me won't be automatically moved into a
folder -- will stay on my top inbox folder where's it's bound to catch
my attention.)

BTW, the root cause is not so much SCons' "quirkyness", but merely the
fact that SCons hasn't yet been updated to build NIR, hence adding
nir/glsl_types.cpp to src/glsl/Makefile.sources' NIR_FILES variable had
no effect for scson.  All the trouble resulted of that.

And we are probably likely to run into issues again, until we integrate
NIR into scons.  We should make a bit of time for that as soon as we can.

Jose