[Mesa-dev] Adaptive Vsync

Albert Freeman albertwdfreeman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 16:29:05 PDT 2015

The reply from Eric Anholt made two suggestions that should not be
difficult to implement for someone who made the patch in the first
place. Why would code be committed when improvements could be easily
made? From what I have seen, this kind of thing happens even to
experienced mesa developers who know exactly what they are doing.

It is much better to arrive at a solution without the issue now than
wait a few years (or some other period of time) for it to be replaced
by someone who has likely forgotten the details involved with its
implementation (or by someone who did not write the code in the first
place).