[Mesa-dev] Mesa 11.3.0/12.0.0 release plan

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Fri Apr 29 07:55:47 UTC 2016

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 4:06:49 PM PDT Emil Velikov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is the current tentative 11.3.0/12.0.0 release schedule.
>
> May 20th 2016 - Feature freeze/Release candidate 1
> May 27th 2016 - Release candidate 2
> June 03rd 2016 - Release candidate 3
> June 10th 2016 - Release candidate 4/final release
>
> With the above in mind we have three weeks to get new features.
>
> Do we have some serious work that we want to squeeze in and the time
> is not enough. Does the proposed dates align with distributions
> needs/expectations ?
>
> Kindly let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Emil

I'd really love to get fp64/va64 for Broadwell+ landed - with that in
place, we'll jump forward to GL 4.2.  We'll try and pull it off, but we
might need a little bit more time...

(I don't think Haswell/Ivybridge fp64 support is going to be likely in
that time frame, but hopefully we can pull it off for 12.1...)

--Ken