[Mesa-dev] Mesa 11.3.0/12.0.0 release plan

Iago Toral itoral at igalia.com
Fri Apr 29 12:19:24 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-29 at 00:55 -0700, Kenneth Graunke wrote:
> On Thursday, April 28, 2016 4:06:49 PM PDT Emil Velikov wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Here is the current tentative 11.3.0/12.0.0 release schedule.
> >
> > May 20th 2016 - Feature freeze/Release candidate 1
> > May 27th 2016 - Release candidate 2
> > June 03rd 2016 - Release candidate 3
> > June 10th 2016 - Release candidate 4/final release
> >
> > With the above in mind we have three weeks to get new features.
> >
> > Do we have some serious work that we want to squeeze in and the time
> > is not enough. Does the proposed dates align with distributions
> > needs/expectations ?
> >
> > Kindly let me know.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Emil
>
> I'd really love to get fp64/va64 for Broadwell+ landed - with that in
> place, we'll jump forward to GL 4.2.  We'll try and pull it off, but we
> might need a little bit more time...

We have just sent the first bunch of i965 patches for review so it is
all going to depend on the kind of review feedback we get. It is a large
series that touches a lot of things so I imagine it might take some time
to get it in a shape where everyone feels comfortable merging it, but
let's see.

> (I don't think Haswell/Ivybridge fp64 support is going to be likely in
> that time frame, but hopefully we can pull it off for 12.1...)

Right, we are finding tons of problems with the vec4 backend so that is
definitely going to take some extra time.

Iago