[Mesa-dev] non-shared glapi still needed ?

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 17:58:37 UTC 2016

On 3 August 2016 at 16:37, Chad Versace <chad at kiwitree.net> wrote:
> On 08/02/2016 06:40 PM, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>

>> is there still a real need for having non-shared glapi ?
>> Otherwise, should we remove it ?
>

> +1
> I have the same question.

Think static libOSMesa and xlib libGL. I had patches which made those
two shared-glapi capable (and start at nuking the static glapi) yet
there was some objection(s). Thus only the related bug fixes landed.

Afaict there are no distributions which package/care about either one
and the Kitware devs still need the static libOSMesa. IIRC the latter
is being worked on, but it may not happen as soon as we'd want
to/expect.

Regards,
Emil