[Mesa-dev] The background of the x-window is transparent when running glxgears with mesa

Eero Tamminen eero.t.tamminen at intel.com
Wed Aug 24 13:56:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 23.07.2016 01:26, Fu, Sheng wrote:
> When I ran glxgears on my CentOS box with Mesa, the background of the
> x-window looks transparent. When run with NVIDA graphics cad, it is
> solid. Is there a setting to make the background a solid color?

No, this is a bug (somewhere).  My guess is that for some reason window
buffer visual gets matched wrong.  If I remember right, on another
driver similar bug was worked around by providing supported visuals list
in same order as another driver.

You could try newer Mesa version, newer compositor version or newer X
version.  I don't remember such a bug in recent history, so I assume the
issue isn't triggered, or it's fixed in more recent versions of one of
these components.

	- Eero