[Mesa-dev] FW: build and run gallium on Intel platform

Eric Engestrom eric.engestrom at imgtec.com
Wed Aug 24 14:57:20 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:48:45PM +0000, Weng, Chuanbo wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>                Could you please guide me the process? Thanks!

Happy to help, but you should really ask mesa-dev at lists.freedesktop.org,
not to mention that your company is Mesa's second biggest contributor,
so I'm sure you have many colleagues able to help you :)

If you want to run the Intel gallium driver, you need to configure with
--with-gallium-drivers=i915
All these `--with*=*` arguments take comma-separated list, so you can
add `,ilo` for instance if you want (I don't know it).
Besides, when developing you really want to keep it at the minimum
needed to work, both to make it faster to compile and to make sure you
don't test an other code path than the one you're working on by
accidentally loading another driver without realizing it. Don't make the
same mistakes I did ^^

If you're running on X, you'll also need DRI & EGL:
--with-dri-drivers=i915,i965
--with-egl-platforms=x11
(you set this one to `drm` in your attempt; which platform are you
trying to use?)

> But failed when run eglinfo in mesa demos:
>                GBM platform:
> gbm: failed to open any driver (search paths /usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/dri)
> gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/local/lib/dri/i965_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Make sure you actually install the .so files to one of these locations :)

Cheers,
  Eric