[Mesa-dev] simple gallium clean-up task

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 01:18:46 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 8:00 PM, Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> wrote:
> If someone is looking for a simple task in gallium...
>
> In commit 0135bd44 Marek introduced some new enum types in p_defines.h
>
> In p_context.h we should replace several instances of "unsigned shader" with
> "enum pipe_shader_type shader" and propagate that change into the driver
> functions which correspond to those interface functions.

yes please.. and probably not just 'enum pipe_shader_type (although
that would be a good place to start).. imho the extra type information
from use of enum types helps make the gallium interface easier to
follow

(I wonder if it would be worthwhile to have a mesa trello page for
todos like these)

BR,
-R