[Mesa-dev] simple gallium clean-up task

Eric Engestrom eric.engestrom at imgtec.com
Fri Aug 26 09:51:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 09:18:46PM -0400, Rob Clark wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 8:00 PM, Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> wrote:
> > If someone is looking for a simple task in gallium...
> >
> > In commit 0135bd44 Marek introduced some new enum types in p_defines.h
> >
> > In p_context.h we should replace several instances of "unsigned shader" with
> > "enum pipe_shader_type shader" and propagate that change into the driver
> > functions which correspond to those interface functions.

I'll do that tomorrow :)

> yes please.. and probably not just 'enum pipe_shader_type (although
> that would be a good place to start).. imho the extra type information
> from use of enum types helps make the gallium interface easier to
> follow
>
> (I wonder if it would be worthwhile to have a mesa trello page for
> todos like these)

Yes, please. I'd like to improve the code, but since I'm not an expert
in any of the areas of Mesa, I've often just looked at Coverity as
a sort of TODO-list of small things that can be improved while getting
me to look at various parts of Mesa. Having an actual TODO-list (be it
Trello or anything else) written by people who know the code and know
which areas need improvement would be very beneficial for people like
me.

Cheers,
  Eric