[Mesa-dev] radeon cmask sync with EGL/GBM

Jay Cornwall jay at jcornwall.me
Sun Jan 10 10:38:24 PST 2016

Hi,

Using EGL with the GBM platform it is possible to bind a GBM surface to
a GL renderbuffer. I believe it's also valid to use the GBM BO as a
framebuffer target with drmModeAddFB/drmModePageFlip.

I haven't been able to locate a clear statement on synchronizing GL
operations with the DRM page flip in the extension specifications.

gallium/radeonsi does not unpack a GBM BO's fast cleared cmask on
glFlush, leading to desync between the GL and DRM views of the GBM BO.
Could somebody with a better understanding of the EGL synchronization
semantics suggest how this might be handled?

--
Jay Cornwall