[Mesa-dev] Question about OSMesaCreateContextAttribs?

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Tue Jul 5 14:46:05 UTC 2016

On 06/30/2016 11:34 PM, Mathias Fröhlich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is OSMesaCreateContextAttribs supposed to be an extension function
>
> that should not be linked against and queried for using
>
> OSMesaGetProcAddress or is that a public api function?

Either.  If the application is sure to be linked against a new enough
Mesa that's known to have that function, it could be called directly.
(I think many/most OSMesa users use the interface in well-controlled
environments).  Otherwise, GetProcAddress would be safer.

> If I look into the source I could think its public since it's
>
> listed in the public header and marked as GLAPI.
>
> But it's currently missing in the export lists so that you
>
> cannot actually link against it when building a shared object.

That's an oversight.

> Which variant is the anticipated usage?
>
> Do we want to add the function to the export lists or do
>
> we want to provide an extension function typedef and
>
> force using it as an extension?

Feel free to post a patch to add it to the exports list.

Thanks.

-Brian