[Mesa-dev] [PATCH] Revert "gallium: Force blend color to 16-byte alignment"
timothy.o.rowley at intel.com
Wed Jul 13 15:39:16 UTC 2016
This reverts commit d8d6091a846ac2a40a011d512d6d57f6c8442e6a.
Cc: <mesa-stable at lists.freedesktop.org>
Signed-off-by: Tim Rowley <timothy.o.rowley at intel.com>
src/gallium/include/pipe/p_state.h | 12 +-----------
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 11 deletions(-)
diff --git a/src/gallium/include/pipe/p_state.h b/src/gallium/include/pipe/p_state.h
index a73a771..a3ae870 100644
@@ -326,17 +326,7 @@ struct pipe_blend_state
- * Making the color array explicitly 16-byte aligned provides a hint to
- * compilers to make more efficient auto-vectorization optimizations.
- * The actual performance gains from vectorizing the blend color array are
- * fairly minimal, if any, but the alignment is necessary to work around
- * buggy vectorization in some compilers which fail to generate the correct
- * unaligned accessors resulting in a segfault. Specifically several
- * versions of the Intel compiler are known to be affected but it's likely
- * others are as well.
- PIPE_ALIGN_VAR(16) float color;
+ float color;
More information about the mesa-dev