[Mesa-dev] [rfc] ARB_gpu_shader_int64 support (softpipe/llvmpipe)

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 00:48:01 UTC 2016

I started this quite a while back, and decided to spend some
time on it again, since it's the basis for a bunch of the newer
GL extensions.

So this is my first pass at it, it's fairly complete, but it
definitely is missing some pieces before it's finished.

The patchset add core mesa, gallium, softpipe and llvmpipe support.
I've got a few tests in piglit using a generator for all the built-ins
and operations that all pass.

So the big thing here was OMG the conversions, and is also
the biggest missing thing in the gallium code, I haven't plumbed
through all the conversions into opcodes yet, I'm not really sure
if we need all of them, but it'll be a quite large opcode set,
and I wasn't feeling brave enough yet.

The other things is I've implement MOD/DIV opcodes that may or
may not be useful on real hardware, if gallium drivers are okay
with lowering this in the backends then I'm fine with how it is.
(and gallium docs do need updating).

Dave.