[Mesa-dev] Add gperf as a build dependency?

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Thu Jun 30 18:50:36 UTC 2016

On 30/06/16 18:13, Ian Romanick wrote:
> I think I might want to use gperf for something in Mesa, but I'm not
> 100% sure yet.  Before I proceed, is it even acceptable to add that as a
> build dependency?

I presume C code generated by gperf is freely usable and it's not
subject to GPL, right?  (I couldn't find any explicit mention of that in
the docs.)

It looks like the source code builds for Windows with MSVC.  So while it
will be a bit of a hassle to get it added to our build toolchain, that's
not a blocker.

Jose