[Mesa-dev] radeonsi external audio + powerconsumption

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Wed Mar 9 16:38:08 UTC 2016

That configuration can't work correctly.

With HDMI the audio data is interleaved in the video vertical and
horizontal sync periods. So if you don't have video you don't have any
way to submit audio either.

What the driver properly does is providing a dummy video signal so that
audio can be transfered anyway. Most likely just a clone of the desktop
picture.

Please provide you're xrandr --verbose output.

Regards,
Christian.