[Mesa-dev] radeonsi external audio + powerconsumption

Jarkko Korpi jarkko_korpi at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 16:31:06 UTC 2016

I have ati r9 290 I have been using external amplifier that puts the sound into speakers. I have this connection using r9 290 --> hdmi --> speakers
And dvi --> pc screen.

xrandr (that broke my config again) see this external amplifer as a display which is it not. Kde/mint/upstream should fix this so it would be more correct.

Hdmi channel is just sending audio data to amplifier. And it feels like that ati is using more clock cycles to provide the picture and the audio than it should.

Is there anyway to prevent this in future?