[Mesa-dev] your mail

dw kim dongwon.kim at intel.com
Wed Mar 9 16:58:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 04:02:06PM +0000, Emil Velikov wrote:
> On 9 March 2016 at 01:28, Dongwon Kim <dongwon.kim at intel.com> wrote:
> > This patch enables an EGL extension, EGL_KHR_reusable_sync.
> > This new extension basically provides a way for multiple APIs or
> > threads to be excuted synchronously via a "reusable sync"
> "executed"
>
> > primitive shared by those threads/API calls.
> >
> > This was implemented based on the specification at
> >
> > https://www.khronos.org/registry/egl/extensions/KHR/EGL_KHR_reusable_sync.txt
> >
> Fiww, I almost nuked the infrastructure for this extension yesterday.
> Guess I'll put that patch on hold.
>
> Out of curiosity how did you test the implementation ? We don't have
> any piglit tests for it - care to send a few :-)
>
> Thanks
> Emil

I used google-dEQP to verify basic requirement and error handling and used our own test routines for verifying client-wait and signaling mechanism and timeout in multi-threads environment. I am not sure if I can share these specific test routines because I don't own those but I am going to try to add equivalent tests to piglit.