[Mesa-dev] Small changes in GL3.txt

Nicolai Hähnle nhaehnle at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 14:01:39 UTC 2016

Hi Romain,

On 13.03.2016 16:50, Romain Failliot wrote:
> Hi!
>
> With the recent commits, I'm having some trouble parsing the GL3.txt
> text file for mesamatrix.net.
>
> With these set of 4 patches, I'm proposing to rationalize a little bit
> this file. The content is exactly the same.
> (Note: I'm not really used to propose patches, so if this format is
> wrong, I'll be glad to do it the proper way)

It would be great if you provided git commit messages for your patches,
and provide them in a format that is easily consumed by git. The
explanations in your email are a good basis for such git commit messages.

To produce properly formatted patches, the nicest path is via git
send-email, since it directly produces emails with inline patches. The
second best option (which requires less setup on your behalf) is to
attach patches produced with git format-patch. This is harder to review,
but it does preserve all the relevant git metadata.

Apart from that, the patches look fine to me. mesamatrix.net is a useful
service, let's help keep it running :)

Cheers,
Nicolai