[Mesa-dev] [GSOC] looking for information

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:56:19 UTC 2016

Hi Lurie,

Thx for your interest.

In order to work on this project you would need either a AMD or NVIDIA
graphic hardware. Indeed current st/omx in Gallium, only work with these 2
hardwares and it would be out of scope of the project to add support for
another hardware.

In order to check that your HW decoding setup is working you should install
mpv player and run with option --hwdec=vaapi or --hwdec=vdpau.

Also I would suggest to start building Mesa with option --enable-omx. You
would need to install libomxil-bellagio and build gst-omx. I can help with
that.
Let us know how it goes. I think from that point you would have a better
idea of the required skills to succeed on that project.

Also feel free to reach me on IRC, I am on #dri-devel channel and my
nickname is capOM.

Best regards
Julien