[Mesa-dev] gallium: Specific configuration for generic elements?

Gurchetan Singh gurchetansingh at chromium.org
Tue May 3 02:20:40 UTC 2016

With classic DRI drivers, the DRI Configuration Infrastructure can be used
to read driver-specific parameters from XML files.  The i965 driver
(src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/intel_screen.c) uses this feature for instance.

In Gallium, the DRI Configuration Infrastructure is used to set common
options (see dri_screen.c).  I would like to use the configuration
infrastructure to read in specific options for the i915_screen
initializer.  However, that approach doesn't work since we want to keep the
i915_screen.c file OS-independent.

The other option to read in parameters is to use the DEBUG_GET_ONCE
macros.  This relies on environment variables and is not well-suited for my
use case.  Does anybody know of any other ways to pass in configuration
parameters to the i915_screen.c initializer?