[Mesa-dev] GBM backend dynamic dispatch method

Axel Davy axel.davy at ens.fr
Thu May 12 06:36:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm not sure if that answers your need, but to me it looks like
it would be simpler if gbm was trying different backends for the given
device, until it succeeds. You'd pass several backends to GBM_BACKEND
(perhaps
rename to GBM_BACKENDS), and in your example it would put amdgpu pro first.
Then when using the amd card, amdgpu pro would be used, else since the
would fail, it would use the second backend, which would be mesa.

That's just a suggestion, and you'd better wait for gbm maintainers to
voice theirs.

Axel