[Mesa-dev] ARB_cull_distance (final?) and llvmpipe support

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:08:27 UTC 2016

On 13 May 2016 at 21:45, Tobias Klausmann
<tobias.johannes.klausmann at mni.thm.de> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> i was not aware you are working on this actively as well, i had a series
> posted 5 days ago which got some critics and reviews [1]. The most important
> points where:

I wasn't really, then krh asked my how it worked and when I read the
code I realised it didn't
work like I thought so I decided to fix it up and try and get it merged.

> 1. split functional change and renaming of the lowering pass [Ian]

I've done that now,

> 2. check max clip/cull array sizes in link_shaders for all stages [Ian]

I did that in this series I think. (just earlier so it's a compile error).

> 3. drop culldist semantics, which you already did [Ilia]

And that should be done.

> If you are interested in changes made to satisfy 1+2, you can fetch patches
> from here: https://git.thm.de/tjkl80/mesa.git arb-cull-distance

One I've hopefully arrived a similiar place, I'll repost what I did, 2
I think I fixed elsewhere.

Thanks, and sorry for treading on your toes!

Dave.