[Mesa-dev] GL4.5 or bust...

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon May 16 10:39:15 UTC 2016

> Let's see if I can summarise:
>  - People want to have a release with GL 4.5 capable driver(s)
>  - Mesa releasing is on a time based model, not a feature one.
>  - Saying "we must get these X things, no release until then, period"
> (GL 4.5 or bust) is just plain silly
>  - If we amend ^^ to honour some timeline, than we may not reach the
> stated goad even with the imposed delay.

Okay so obviously you don't do humour, that's fine. Nobody realistically
suggested anything like what you've stated here.

>  - Parties interested in the original timeline, may miss, are too shy,
> etc. to say anything against this last minute change.
> How about we do the following:
>  - Keep the plan as originally
>  - As people are happy that we have 1-2 drivers covering GL version X,
> branch off/feature freeze and release a few weeks later.
>  - Last but not least - let's try and bring up such discussions
> earlier, please ?

Nobody realised how close we actually were until now, it was more of a
group realisation that hey we could conceivably hit 4.5 in this
release if we pushed it out a bit. You are being a bit too negative
for my liking so I'll not involve myself in further discussions on
changing the release plans, it's not like we've hit the dates in the
past, that we suddenly have them stuck in stone now.

But hey you are the release manager, so I'll go with your decision.

More information about the mesa-dev mailing list