[Mesa-dev] GL4.5 or bust...

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:15:29 UTC 2016

On 16 May 2016 at 11:39, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nobody realised how close we actually were until now, it was more of a
> group realisation that hey we could conceivably hit 4.5 in this
> release if we pushed it out a bit.
Fair enough. Let me echo my earlier request:

How can we avoid/minimise that from happening in the future ? I'm open
to all suggestions, please share something.

> You are being a bit too negative
> for my liking so I'll not involve myself in further discussions on
> changing the release plans, it's not like we've hit the dates in the
> past, that we suddenly have them stuck in stone now.

I was being constructive pretty much all the time.

Not sure how you'll interpret any of the above as negative relative
considering the discussions that have gone between you and Linus.
Perhaps I should be more like him - use a bit of swearing/profanity,
criticize your spelling (not that mine's perfect) and alike ?

> But hey you are the release manager, so I'll go with your decision.
Hope you realise that I'm not even remotely trying to upset/alienate
you, or prove that "I'm the boss" kind of thing.

Thanks
Emil