[Mesa-dev] [RFC 0/7] nir: some coverity (hopefully) fixes

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:54:08 UTC 2016

From: Rob Clark <robclark at freedesktop.org>

So I went through some of the nir coverity issues this morning.  For
the most part, they are cases which can never happen, so it is more
of quieting the warnings than fixing actual issues.  (But IMHO it is
good to improve the signal/noise of the results so we notice real
issues.)

I'm not 100% sure in some of the cases that the patch will fix the
error.  Not sure if there is some way to submit a testing branch for
a coverity run, vs pushing what we think will fix a warning to master
and hoping for the best.

Rob Clark (7):
  nir/glsl_to_nir: quell some uninit_member coverity errors
  nir: coverity sign-extension fix
  nir: coverity unitialized pointer read
  nir/array: fix empty-iterator coverity warning
  nir: fix block iterator coverity warning
  nir/validate: fix null deref coverity warning
  nir/validate: assume() that hashtable entry exists

 src/compiler/nir/glsl_to_nir.cpp | 7 +++++++
 src/compiler/nir/nir.h           | 2 +-
 src/compiler/nir/nir_array.h     | 2 +-
 src/compiler/nir/nir_instr_set.c | 2 +-
 src/compiler/nir/nir_lower_tex.c | 6 ++++++
 src/compiler/nir/nir_validate.c  | 4 ++++

2.5.5