[Mesa-dev] [RFC 03/12] egl: add EGL_ANDROID_native_fence_sync

Rafael Antognolli rafael.antognolli at intel.com
Mon Nov 7 23:29:14 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 08:58:26AM -0700, Rafael Antognolli wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 01:15:44PM -0400, Rob Clark wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Rafael Antognolli
> > <rafael.antognolli at intel.com> wrote:

> > Hey, thanks for this.  I don't suppose you have a branch somewhere w/
> > the piglit tests?
>
> Ouch, I mentioned it on another email but should have mentioned it here
> too. It's here:
>
> https://github.com/rantogno/piglit/tree/fences
>
> > I've rebased and pulled in Chad's squash patches (and also a squash
> > patch based on the issues you pointed out), but not yet the i965
> > patches:
> >
> > https://github.com/freedreno/mesa/commits/wip-fence
>
> Awesome, I will check that one.

Just an update: I did test that branch, and there was just one change
needed for the piglit tests to work:

https://github.com/rantogno/mesa/commit/c637f1ce404acaccaa920d37c52724c9d8093597

You can also check my last version of these tests (also submitted to the
piglit list) here:

https://github.com/rantogno/piglit/tree/review/fences-v02

The only test that I don't know how to do yet is to make sure that Mesa
and the kernel are respecting an eglSyncWait for a native sync fence.
eglClientWaitSyncKHR is already covered.

Also I did test your series with kmscube and some other stuff too, and
so far it's all behaving really well. I'm looking forward to see your
patches get merged.

Thanks,
Rafael