[Mesa-dev] Stable release process

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 16:57:58 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 5:30 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 November 2016 at 16:13, Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think that if people add the Cc stable tag to patches that are going
>> to land in master first, they shouldn't send it to the stable ML,
>> because that is redundant. Yet, many people do that. I would go even
>> further and say that any unreviewed patches shouldn't be sent to the
>> stable ML. At least that would be my policy I were the release
>> manager.
>>
> Since I'm no longer tracking nominated-but-not-merged-in-master
> patches things are noticeably better.

What about patches in mesa-stable that can't be merged to master,
because master needs to be fixed differently? Will you then apply the
patches from mesa-stable or ignore them?

Based on experience, it looks like you ignore them completely, which
is why many fixes that I sent for inclusion to stable branches only
(not master) have never been applied. This process needs to be fixed.

Marek