[Mesa-dev] Stable release process

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 16:30:50 UTC 2016

On 15 November 2016 at 16:13, Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that if people add the Cc stable tag to patches that are going
> to land in master first, they shouldn't send it to the stable ML,
> because that is redundant. Yet, many people do that. I would go even
> further and say that any unreviewed patches shouldn't be sent to the
> stable ML. At least that would be my policy I were the release
> manager.

Since I'm no longer tracking nominated-but-not-merged-in-master
patches things are noticeably better.

Fwiw the official policy has been to not merge patches without review.
I've bent that rule (and others) on a number of occasions for pretty
much everyone.
I hope that doesn't happen again, but in all fairness it will.
Otherwise we'll get a lot of upset/angry/alienated developers.

> I don't know how Emil manages that ML, but I guess it's not fun.

it's "less fun" when one uses a unofficial way to nominate patches - hint, hint.
Again it's my fault for not having things in a clearer and easier to
parse/understand way.

Thanks
Emil