[Mesa-dev] test Vulkan with radv

yavn yavnrh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 20:15:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

You should consult the docs for the loader and validation layers (e.g.
here: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-LoaderAndValidationLayers/blob/master/loader/LoaderAndLayerInterface.md).
How the loader discovers drivers is platform-specific.

TL;DR if you want to use a development driver, set this environment
variable before launching a vulkan app:

$ export VK_ICD_FILENAMES=..../mesa/src/amd/vulkan/dev_icd.json

and now vulkaninfo should work. The other JSON is for system-installed
driver, I think (check the paths inside). dev_icd.json should point to
the right file. Also note this will override system-default drivers.
Check the docs, there are many other useful variables (e.g. to enable
validation layers etc.).

Hope that helps,
Maciek.

(sorry if I double-posted, I've sent to the wrong address)