[Mesa-dev] Error when trying to compile RADV

Limeth jakub.hlusicka at email.cz
Sat Oct 1 16:44:57 UTC 2016

I have found out that the llvm-3.9 installation directory in Ubuntu is
not as you said and ended up creating symlinks to it:
```
sudo ln -s /usr/include/llvm-3.9/llvm/ /usr/include/llvm
sudo ln -s /usr/include/llvm-c-3.9/llvm-c/ /usr/include/llvm-c
```

Now I seem to be getting a different error:
```
ac_llvm_util.c: In function ‘ac_init_llvm_target’:
ac_llvm_util.c:13:2: error: implicit declaration of function
‘LLVMInitializeR600TargetInfo’
[-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  LLVMInitializeR600TargetInfo();
  ^
ac_llvm_util.c:14:2: error: implicit declaration of function
‘LLVMInitializeR600Target’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  LLVMInitializeR600Target();
  ^
ac_llvm_util.c:15:2: error: implicit declaration of function
‘LLVMInitializeR600TargetMC’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  LLVMInitializeR600TargetMC();
  ^
ac_llvm_util.c:16:2: error: implicit declaration of function
‘LLVMInitializeR600AsmPrinter’
[-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  LLVMInitializeR600AsmPrinter();
  ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
```
Full log: http://pastebin.com/QgyQdX0r

After further investigation, I've found that this error resides in
RADV-specific source code; now I'm on my own. I will proceed to revert
to older, working commits on that branch.

Thank you for the help everyone, much appreciated!
Jakub "Limeth" Hlusička