[Mesa-dev] Error when trying to compile RADV

Gustaw Smolarczyk wielkiegie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 21:01:16 UTC 2016

I don't think your fix with the symlinks is correct. You've just
worked-around one part of the problem (missing include directories)
leaving the total lack of detection of llvm alone. Now you lack the
HAVE_LLVM define that should be automatically created by the build
system if it recognizes llvm correctly. Without it, the source code
references the already non-existing R600 target, since it doesn't know
which llvm version it deals with. After that you will lack the library
references, and maybe other llvm-specific compilation options. Trying
to work-around all that seems counterproductive.

Do you have the llvm development package (I think it's called llvm-dev
or libllvm-dev on ubuntu) installed? It seems that configure cannot
find the llvm-config binary. It should probably be in /usr/bin.