[Mesa-dev] Meson mesademos (Was: [RFC libdrm 0/2] Replace the build system with meson)

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Fri Apr 7 23:24:32 UTC 2017

Quoting Jose Fonseca (2017-03-30 15:19:31)

> Cool.  BTW, another alternative (for things like LLVM) would  be to
> chain build systems (ie, have a wrap that builds LLVM invoking CMake)
>
> Jose

I have no idea whether chaining would work or not, that would be an interesting
thing to try.

I have force pushed to the meson branch. Things are building on Linux with both
mingw, gcc, and clang. I've wrapped freeglut and glew, and pulled out the epoxy
stuff. The mingw cross build does rely on an unmerged patch (that is approved,
just awaiting merge) for mingw windres support in the cross file. That shouldn't
be a problem for msvc or building natively with mingw.

I have not done any of the msvc work or either mesa-demos or for freeglut or
glew. Hopefully this gets things far enough along that you can get msvc going
when you have some time.

Dylan