[Mesa-dev] Meson mesademos (Was: [RFC libdrm 0/2] Replace the build system with meson)

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Sat Apr 8 22:07:44 UTC 2017

On 08/04/17 00:24, Dylan Baker wrote:
> Quoting Jose Fonseca (2017-03-30 15:19:31)
>>
>> Cool.  BTW, another alternative (for things like LLVM) would  be to
>> chain build systems (ie, have a wrap that builds LLVM invoking CMake)
>>
>> Jose
>>

> I have no idea whether chaining would work or not, that would be an interesting
> thing to try.
>
> I have force pushed to the meson branch. Things are building on Linux with both
> mingw, gcc, and clang. I've wrapped freeglut and glew, and pulled out the epoxy
> stuff. The mingw cross build does rely on an unmerged patch (that is approved,
> just awaiting merge) for mingw windres support in the cross file. That shouldn't
> be a problem for msvc or building natively with mingw.
>
> I have not done any of the msvc work or either mesa-demos or for freeglut or
> glew. Hopefully this gets things far enough along that you can get msvc going
> when you have some time.
>
> Dylan

Thanks.  I hit an errors early on with MSVC.

I fixed a few, but I didn't spend much time on it.  Instead I added
AppVeyor integration so anybody can experiment.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/jrfonseca/mesademos/build/job/qysf73s4975i2w36

   https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~jrfonseca/mesademos/log/?h=meson-appveyor

I had to push to a private git repos since I'd need a FDO admin to
install Appveyor hook on the official mesa demos repo.  I'll get that
going but it'll probably take time.

Given you use Github, it should be trivial to hook Appveyor on your
mesademos repos in github.

Jose