[Mesa-dev] Meson mesademos (Was: [RFC libdrm 0/2] Replace the build system with meson)

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 17:57:04 UTC 2017

Hi Jose,

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 11:08 PM, Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:
> One newbie question: what's your workflow to update a wrap patch?  Can we
> prototype changes locally without tarballing the patch?

Any changes you make in subproject directories will be kept as-is;
Meson only initializes them and will not try to update them (yet), so
you can apply your patches to the subproject directory manually for
testing.

In the future, we want to improve this workflow, of course.

> One request: would it be possible to update the compiler args for both c and
> c++ with a single statement? (Maybe accept a list of languages instead of a
> single language?)

Yes, I believe someone else also requested that and it should be
really easy to add via a new kwarg called 'languages:`:
https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/issues/1615

Cheers,
Nirbheek