[Mesa-dev] Meson mesademos (Was: [RFC libdrm 0/2] Replace the build system with meson)

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Wed Apr 12 18:05:43 UTC 2017

Quoting Jose Fonseca (2017-04-12 10:38:11)
> Dylan, Nirbheek,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> I made a bit more progress.
>
> One newbie question: what's your workflow to update a wrap patch?  Can we
> prototype changes locally without tarballing the patch?

Yes, you can just update the meson.build script in subprojects/libfoo/ and
rebuild.

What I've been doing is (in a clean directory) unpacking the source, then
unpacking my wrap on top of that and hacking on it until I have it working, then
copy my changes back into a clean source tree to build the tarball. I think this
is more convenient since it allows me to just work on one wrap at a time without
dealing with mesa-demos or any other wraps.

> One request: would it be possible to update the compiler args for both c and
> c++ with a single statement? (Maybe accept a list of languages instead of a
> single language?)

If you're talking about add_project_arguments then a patch landed a few days
ago: https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/pull/1580, and will work if using meson
from git (like we are currently).

Dylan